My mom called me at 9:45 Sunday morning, and again at 10:30am. Even if my head hadn't been buried under blankets and pillows, I wouldn't have heard it. I was sleeping. When I called her back at 11:00am, shortly after waking up, she shared a conversation she had with my aunt Vicki about how she didn't even know if I was awake at 9:45. Was it normal for people in their early 30s to sleep until noon? Did her middle child still sleep like a teenager?
Yes, and I wasn't even "sleeping off" the night before. What's the threshold?
It was a telling, and somewhat appalling way to start off a weekend day...
So, the reason for my 11:oo am wake up was a group of us had "volunteered" for a farmers coalition event on Sunday called Food Lust. It was 7 hours of pure hell. A great event, a great location (Fall City Farms), a great cause, but a horrible volunteer experience. We treated like children who couldn't be trusted with the "adults". We were told that we couldn't drink, forced to eat whatever was left from behind a "curtain" from the volunteers table so we didn't distrupt the event, and taken to task by the "volunteer coordinator" over our inability to manage through their cluster-fuck of attendee/donation processing. Our volunteer coordinator who had talked down to us at the beginning of the event, and then disappeared into the throng of attendees. I had to physically remove myself from the situation on multiple occasions to sip from my coffee cup of wine hidden behind "the curtain", so that I didn't flip out and pull a "do you know who I am?!?!"
I am volunteer, someone who is helping you out. I am giving my time. I expect to be treated well. More importantly, I am also a potential donor.
The whole thing was exhausting. I am weak sauce, and no longer able to spend 7 hours on my feet like the spry girl I used to be. I needed to sleep for many, many hours. The best part of everyting was the FARM ANIMALS!!! Horses, cows, goats, chickens!!! It was a little disconcerting that they were grilling burgers right near Fred and Ethel below...


I spent the rest of Sunday reading romance novels, yes two. Taking the requisite post- This Duchess of Mine nap, going on an extended bike ride with the husband, AND OH MY GOD!!! I almost forgot!
I AM 99.99% sure I saw EDDIE VEDDER AT THE PARK!!! Asleep, all hot and dreamy on a bench with his faithful dog at his side. I was riding so fast on my bike that I couldn't slow down and gawk like I wanted to... It was probably better that way. He probably wouldn't be very comfortable with me staring at him, acting stupid and then passing out.
THIS IS WHO I SAW. No kididng.

All in all, tons of sleep, an EV sighting, a hard bike ride, two romance novels, and a short stint in my garden should qualify as a pretty good Sunday.
Sweet dreams. I know mine are.
4 comments:
i doubt you saw eddie. men who have model girlfriends don't also have dogs. maybe little dogs, but not real dogs. eddie doesn't have a dog. you didn't see eddie. i refuse to believe it.
I recognized the veins on his head.
It was him. I am sure.
A while back they had pictures of all of the band dogs in the annual newsletter. I searched frantically for it this morning, and could not find it.
I even searched on google.
Hey, it sounds like me and Kevin taking tickets and auction bids for the annual Helpline event. Just kidding!
These random Eddie sitings remind me that I really need to pay attention when I'm cruising around the neighborhood. I'm oblivious.
It could have just been some homeless man asleep on the bench. EV needs to clean up! He looked better with short hair. I need to pay more attention in Thriftway while shopping now- I hear he shops there too.
oh, my word verification is tintins. Will it be knockknockers next time?
Post a Comment